Wednesday, 15 February 2012

A little grey blazer

012

I have just ‘finished’ (well except for hemming the sleeves) making Noah this gorgeous little grey blazer. I have to say, it’s probably the my proudest sewing moment to date.

I even considered using a really cheesy title for this post – such ‘ A blaze of glory’ or something equally as naff, but then thought better of it.

016013030015

My ‘model’ proved somewhat difficult, preferring to run in all directions than be photographed, with most of the pictures being blurs of grey and blonde – perhaps better suited to a Striking Keys - pictures I didn't post type post (hmmm… that’s a thought…)

In other information of note; the pattern is from here, the grey fabric is from the op-shop and it’s lined with a gorgeous cream ultra fine merino fabric which my Mum gave me oodles of! Annnnd… the inspiration is from the pic below…

004

The kid’s fashion spread OHbaby magazine, Spring 2011 (Issue 15.) The theme for the photo shoot was ‘When I grow up I want to be…” and in case you can’t see it, this boy wants to be an architect (Andrew’s line of work.)I was also kind of taken in by the fact that the boy is wearing a pair of Noah’s glasses in the pic (albeit the pair he has now lost! Thank goodness for Specsavers 2 pair deal!)

So… that’s about it, I’m now going to bask in the feeling of sewing success (and the knowledge that I can now do buttonholes! Yuss!)

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

Jen x

6 comments:

Days Of Our Lives said...

oh I just learnt button holes this year too. They are quite addictive aren't they? Once I learnt I was looking for anything I could sew a button hole into. You are quite inspiring Miss Jenny. Well done.

Tammi said...

Your son is totally rocking that blazer...which may I say is just too cute. Love it!
x

tartankiwi said...

I might have to look up that pattern, you've done such a great job and the grey really suits Noah.

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

Gorgeous! It suits him so much! I love it.

Heart Felt said...

Well done you! I'm very impressed and he looks adorable in it. Love!

Cirque Du Bebe said...

Hey! You like my colourful version but I LOVE your grey blazer. It's so classic but cool. I sometimes want to tone my lurid kids clothes down and go for something more neutral but still so stylish like this version. Very very noice!