Wednesday, 29 February 2012

My Creative Space : Patchwork Pillowcase

016019018006

As mentioned in this post I  recently received some lovely fabric scraps in the mail as part of the Scrap Bag Swap 2012.

I used some of these scraps, along with some scraps of my own (mainly leftovers from Isabelle’s quilt) to make this patchwork/ quilted pillowcase for Isabelle.

I wanted to somehow tie in Isabelle’s quilt (which is shown folded in the second photo) with the thrifted duvet I restyled a while back. Her quilt is made of soft tones, while the duvet is a bit brighter – so I made the pillowcase a combination of the two.

This project was inspired by this pin.

I took a bit of a shortcut by making the patchwork top and then quilting it to the front of an existing pillowcase. But what I saved in time, I made up for in fiddly-ness. (It was hard work trying to fit my sewing machine right in the depths of the pillowcase!)

005

All in all, I’m pretty happy with the result though.

Not bad for a combination of thrifted and homemade bedding, I think!

Another thing I made yesterday was my blog button – see that thing on the left hand side, just above the followers? Feel free to grab one for your blog if you like. I am in no way computer geek savvy – but this 'how to' made it really simple! (It’s still weird to me to think of something not tangible/ in the ‘real world’ as a creation… but I guess it is!)

Joining in with our creative spaces.

Jen x

8 comments:

BigLittle said...

This is simply beautiful. I just adore it. Lisa x

Katie said...

This is lovely. Such a sweet addition to a little girls bed! Love that quilt too. You've done really well to blend the fabrics so beautifully.

Notchka said...

I agree - adorable. I love that you put her name on it and that it isn't age specific - I can see that it will be something she will treasure for a lifetime. Very special :)

Tammi said...

That is so adorable and a keepsake that I am sure will be cherished for years to come.
Cute button too :)
x

tartankiwi said...

Simply beautiful! What little girl wouldn't treasure this? The embroidered name makes it extra special- well done!

Carmel's Closet said...

So delicious, it looks edible!
Carmel

Megan said...

You've chosen a beautiful selection of fabrics for the the pillow case and the embroidered name is just the finishing touch to make it perfect!

Sally said...

I think it is WAY better than "not bad"... something more like truly ruly awesome!!!
Enchanting. A treasure for the ages.