Wednesday, 3 October 2012

A lovely new dress & a pattern review

Check out this new dress I sewed for Isabelle yesterday…

IMG_6028

I think it’s almost as cute as she is. Almost.

The great news is it was so easy to make. I used the 'Go To Signature Dress' PDF Pattern (which you may also see advertised on the right side of this blog.)

Sorry to gush, but this pattern is amazing!

Firstly it’s so versatile – it goes from age 12 months through to 12 years! It also has heaps of different variations – with 3 different length options, 7 sleeve styles and 4 different pocket options; as well as many other ideas for customising your own dress.

This pattern is for knit fabric – something a lot of people seem to be needlessly scared about sewing with. But in the pattern Andrea has included comprehensive tips for sewing with knits. Besides, knits are so easy to wear and wash and in my opinion give such a professional finish.

IMG_6032IMG_6031IMG_6029

For Isabelle’s dress I choose the ‘dress’ length in size 2, cap sleeves with rib edges on both the neckline and sleeves, no pockets and choose to do an elastic casing on the outside.

I have plans to make heaps more of these dresses – and due to the versatility of the pattern I could make hundreds without any two being the same (if I so desired!)

You should totally buy a copy of this pattern for yourself – especially at the moment while it’s on sale for 20% off the regular price (for a limited time).

Joining in with 'Our creative space' (and small style and WKWW.)

Jenny x

7 comments:

Andrea from The Train To Crazy said...

I adore the fabrics in this dress! So lovely!!

Rach said...

That is a fantastic pattern - nicely made :)

Maxabella said...

What a little sweetie! Your fabrics are just perfect or this dress too. Very lovely. x

Corey Moortgat said...

What a sweet dress! I love the floral print, especially as a knit! And she's a real cutie with her ponytail up on top of her head!

Morgan said...

You are amazing, my dear! I LOVE the dress! That floral print is so pretty, but, I agree, not as cute as your sweet Isabelle!

Ginx Craft said...

What a cool look - dress, hairstyle, sandals!

Kilee Nickels said...

My favorite part of the dress is the fabric. Very cute floral. Thanks for sharing!

kilee
www.onelittlemomma.com