Saturday, 13 October 2012

{KCWC Oct 2012} Days 6-7: grey merino hoodies

IMG_6297IMG_6304IMG_6282IMG_6284

I’m really happy with how these turned so please excuse me while I post like a zillion pictures!

(Also you should know that I definitely spent more than one hour per day on these.)

IMG_6306IMG_6296IMG_6277IMG_6290

The details:

Fabric: Ultra fine merino merino (grey and turquoise) – also featured here and cotton interlock (floral).

Pattern: From here.

Right, as much as I’ve enjoyed this challenge I think it’s time to step back from my sewing machine for a bit – besides I have a sick husband that needs nursing/ sympathy (bad dose of the man flu!)

I’ll probably pop back in the next couple of days with a post of some my favourites from the Flickr pool.

Joining in with KCWC

… and probably 'Our creative space' (and small style and WKWW) later in the week – after all I think this is the project I’m most proud of this KCWC.

Jenny x

18 comments:

Days Of Our Lives said...

Wow Jenny, I have loved seeing all your creations. It has been exhausting just thinking about how you managed to make all of these in a week so I'm guessing you must be feeling it more. Be proud though, you did awesome! It does help having super cute models too!

thingsforboys said...

That hoodie looks so cozy! Can you please make one for me? ;) I'll be glad for a break from my machine after this week too!

Rhiannon said...

These look like bought ones! You've got sewing skillz, girl! Colour me super impressed.

sascedar said...

you should be proud, lady, these hoodies are awesome! i am loving the pattern, can just imagine how soft that merino is, too. Nice one! :)sarah

Stephinie said...

These are SOOOO cute!

Cirque Du Bebe said...

I love these! Didn't even know that pattern existed. Good luck with the case of man flu!

Ashley said...

I love these hoodies!!! Good luck taking care of the hubby.. :(

Bron said...

Wow your kids are super lucky to have a mumma that makes them some cool clothes....great job xx

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

Love that pattern, I think I might have to buy it!

jennie said...

Wow - these are so gorgeous, I love merino!

Kristin said...

These are adorable as are your kids. :) Stopping by from One little momma link up.

Kilee Nickels said...

I really love the fabric for these. I want one! They look so soft, so comfy and so cute. Thanks for linking up this week!

Kilee

Morgan said...

Your kids are SO adorable and I could not be more impressed by those sweet hoodies. I really need to learn to sew with a pattern. I want to be able to make cute stuff like that! :)

Oh, and Noah is the "Featured Small Style" kiddo. He's just TOO cute! (Those two both are, really!)
http://www.mamalovespapa.com/2012/10/featured-small-style-noah-from-mend-and.html

erica @ expatria, baby said...

Love love love these, especially the vibrent blue against the grey. Really, you're amazing! So cool that you did this yourself.

Simple Simon & Co said...

These are darling!!!

Kate said...

This is all so inspiring. I love all the knits. You sewed up everything beautifully!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

I love these hoodies, but your kids steal the show! So stinking cute!!!

Lydia said...

love that pattern, I've just added it to my cart!!