Sunday, 28 October 2012

That top secret project…

About a month ago I mentioned that I had an exciting, top secret project in the works.

One of you guessed correctly, that this was my rather coy way of saying that I was busy growing ‘Youngling’ #3 (this is a cheesy pun to do with our last name – in case you didn’t know.)

IMG_6339

Some little booties made by my Mother-in-law – I have also commissioned her knitting skills for a couple of other projects.

I’m 13 weeks along now, due 3 May next year (the day before my birthday), and am feeling good – emerging from the nausea and exhaustion that that first trimester sometimes brings.

I also have a few unisex baby projects planned too which I hope to show you as I go. (We are dabbling the idea of not finding out the gender this time, since we already have one of each – but I am terrible with surprises!)

One of these projects involves the fabric below, which I want to use for a cot quilt – I’m thinking of trying hexagons?!? Any suggestions, anyone?

IMG_6340IMG_6342

I’m not doing a 12 weeks scan, and instead scan picture is a dating one from when I was about 7 weeks along – so A LOT will have changed since then. Isn’t it amazing how quickly they grow and all the parts of their body form? It’s a miracle really!

This is my first pregnancy that I will have shared on this blog, since I started this thing when Isabelle was around 8 months old.

I’m looking forward to sharing this journey of new life with you all!

Jenny x

P.S. I was trying to think of a more creative way of breaking the news on here – but I couldn’t sorry (baby brain?) … After all I don’t think there’s anyway I could top this awesome story! (It seriously made me well up!)

11 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations that is WONDERFUL news!! xx

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

SO EXCITING! Congratulations Jen xxx

A little bit Country said...

Congratulations Jen!

Sophie Slim said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yippeeee baby number threeeee!! Hope you're feeling well xxx

thingsforboys said...

Congratulations Jen! That's awesome! xx

Alyna Higgs-James said...

Congratulations, what exciting times for your little whanau

Widge said...

Congratulations!!!! excite!

Rhiannon said...

AWESOME! Congrats! Three is fantabulous - and I can't wait to see all the beautiful things you make for the new addition! x

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

Yippee, just the best sort of top secret project.

Stella Rutherford said...

So exciting!!! Awesome news xx

Bron said...

OOOh congratulations to you and your little family . xx