Sunday, 21 October 2012

Vintage Backyard Baby

IMG_5968IMG_5955

We've been enjoying a bit of Summery weather up here in the Hawkes Bay. I snapped these photos a couple of weeks ago and wrote a post that I thought I had scheduled to go out automatically - but somehow it didn't. Oh well, the pics are so cute ... I thought I just couldn't go without sharing them with you.

IMG_5960IMG_5973

It seems a certain little Miss enjoyed a spot of dirt eating! Uggghhh! (Oh well extra antibodies, I guess!?)

IMG_5973
Isabelle wears: top and overnaps/ little knickers – thrifted, sandals- thrifted, sun hat – Oobi (won in a competition via Baby Vintage), onesie (underneath)- Pumpkin Patch.

This brings me to a discussion/ question I want to raise re: onesies – (those little one piece garments that dome underneath the nappy). I think I am addicted to these things.

Let me explain what I mean by this.

First with Noah and now with Isabelle, I am finding that I have to wean myself off including one of these in my kids undergarments. This difficulty in letting go of the onesie stems from some kind of inbuilt Mum need in me to ensure that the ‘kids’ (meaning kidneys) are covered and warm. The difficulty is that approaching age 2 these onesies become rare and treasured items… the shops simply don’t make many bigger sized ones. Probably because they’re not conducive to toilet training!

Because of this, when Noah was around Isabelle’s age and with warmer weather approaching, I weaned myself of onesies – but I found it hard! Pathetic I know! And what’s more I’m finding the thought hard again!

So the question I want to know is this:
Are there any other over-protective, but they can’t help it, onesie weaning, crazy cover up the kidney Mums out there??? Please tell me I’m not the only one!

Ok rant over!

Jenny x

Joining in with small style and WKWW



6 comments:

clare said...

Haha :) My girl wears a singlet everyday - and some of them are still onesies. We don't button them under, as they're NOT useful for going to the loo. But yes, even in summer I find it hard not to pop a singlet or onesie on her ~ but this summer better be the one ~ she's nearly 3!

Modern Day Mummying said...

Oh Jenny I hear you! I loved onesies... Everything was covered and when the baby was picked up or she rolled around etc her tummy would always be covered! I hate picking up a baby then having to tuck his or her clothes back into their pants!

My daughter is too old for onesies now :( she goes nowhere without a singlet (except in summer).

Glad to know I'm not the only "cover it all up" obsessed mummy...

Sophie xo

Modern Day Mummying said...

P.S. I absolutely LOVE your daughters outfit!

thingsforboys said...

Cute outfit! I gave up on onesies around my sons first birthday. I got sick of doing them up. He does wear a singlet in the Winter though.

la petite lulu said...

Hehe this made me smile - you're not the only one! I'm an Aussie but had my son in the Netherlands and now live in the states and I feel like I'm the only parent whose kid's tummy doesn't show when he lifts up his arms lol. It's been inbuilt into me to keep your kidneys warm - I thought that was something that only my grandma & mum said until I came across your blog! So yes, I'm another onesie addict :)

Adin B said...

I hear you. Onesies are difinitely easy to use and covers up the tummy area. Your little one though is so adorable. Love her outfit! Same goes with my little girl right now. She loves to sample a little bit of dirt. I guess a little won't hurt. Added minerals maybe. LOL! :)