Sunday, 23 December 2012

Christmas Stockings and Cream puffs

These last few days has seen me pull my sewing machine out of hibernation to make the kids a couple of Christmas stockings. I had intended doing a lot more Christmas sewing; but a combination of moving, Spotlight not stocking what I needed and general can’t be bothered-ness kinda put a damper on those plans.

But I was glad to make these easy-peasy stockings for a bit of instant gratification crafting.

I was feeling like doing a spot of baking today too. So made some cream puffs. My first attempt at choux pastry.

Here are the stockings and puffs…

pre-filled:

IMG_6760IMG_6758IMG_6764

…and… filled*:

IMG_6757IMG_6768

Yum!

Merry Christmas all!

Jenny

* Obviously the stocking are not currently filled. Santa just wanted to check that all the goodies fit in; as for the cream puffs – those pictured are long gone and the remainder are waiting to be filled tomorrow! Roll on the Christmas feasting I say!

5 comments:

Mrs A said...

Cute fabric! Can i ask what pattern you used? Love how simple and cute they are.

small + friendly said...

Adorable! Merry Christmas!

Sophie Slim said...

Lovely stockings! I love that browny / grey tone you've used, makes them look really adorable!! :)

nom nom cream puffs!!! bring on Christmas day!!! xx

tartankiwi said...

I love the colours that you chose for your stockings- so pretty!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Miriam said...

these are lovely, have a FANTASTIC Christmas. I've really enjoyed reading your blog this year xx