Tuesday, 11 December 2012

I’m still here!

It’s been a while since I last posted, hasn’t it?

‘Round here we’ve just been a bit busy moving (with limited internet access) and with Toby and Natasha’s wedding which was last Friday.

The professional photos aren’t up yet (I can’t wait to show you some when they are), but for now here are a few photos I’ve stolen off facebook (photo credits to Mollie and Auntie Lyn.)

Whoever said ‘never work with children or animals’ was one smart person, indeed. Just before we left for the ceremony, while we were getting photos by the (amazing) classic cars, Isabelle took it upon herself to jump in a big muddy puddle. Then on the way there her Dad took it upon him self to feed her a lolly – driiible! Thank goodness for an emergency stash of wet wipes!

When we got down the isle at the lovely outdoor venue, Noah decided to lie (and roll) in the gravel and Isabelle decided to fill her little basket with stones! Finally Noah decided it was all a bit of hard work and that his page boy cushion made a good pillow (and Isabelle followed his lead!) It’s hard work being a kid! Being in the bridal party myself, I decided the best approach was to not stress out and hope other’s saw the cute side!

Because I have been out of the loop for so long I thought I take the opportunity to use this post to join in with Wardrobe Wednesday, WiWW and Small Style etc as well.(Two birds with one stone and all that.) Our purple dresses were from boohoo.com, the white fabric flowers in hair from Spotlight and I borrowed the shoes from a friend. These dresses being so floaty (and having a elasticated waist) were very bump friendly. Would you believe I’m 19 weeks in these pics?

Noah’s tux and Isabelle’s white dress were both from Farmers and Isabelle’s cardi was a white one that I dyed purple. I made Noah’s page boy pillow out of burlap (hessian) and lace – this was the decorative theme at the reception, for which we also made a whole lot of table runners. (I hope to show you more pics of this later!)

Of course I couldn’t really do this post without posting a pic of the bride and groom. Don’t they look gorgeous? Amazingly Natasha bought her lovely dress at the op shop for only $150! 

I’m sure this is not the last wedding related post I will share here! … And I hope to return to my normal posting frequency as soon as possible.

How have you all been? I’ve missed popping in here, these last couple of weeks!

Jenny x

5 comments:

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

I've missed you! I was going to email to check up on you but you beat me to it by posting today! Looks like the wedding was GORGEOUS - lovely outfits all around :) Hope the move is going well. Can't believe you are halfway now! xx

Miriam said...

Welcome back!! You look gorgeous and I love the burlap and lace idea that is awesome. The kids are so cute! Thanks for joining in with Wardrobe Wednesday :o)

Georgina Castellucci said...

Beautiful photos! Visiting from the link-up and now following you - that purple is so gorgeous! Have a wonderful Wednesday, I look forward to many more posts :)

Sheena Rae said...

That is one of the cutest (and actually able to wear again) bridesmaid dresses that I've ever seen!

Dropping in from WIWW!
Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com/

Rubi Diaz said...

Those bridesmaids dresses are so unique and wearable! The color is nice too! Love all the photos and cute kids! :) Found you on The Pleated Poppy! I'm hosting a style link-up too if you'd like to join the fun!

With Love,
Rubi
www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com