Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Our Camping holiday in the Far North

First things first. Happy New Year to you all!

Thank you for reading my blog throughout 2012 and for all your lovely comments. Sometimes I’m really not sure why I blog – I guess it’s mainly for me, an outlet of sorts; but in a lot of ways I blog because I love the interaction I get with you, my readers. So thank you for that.

We’ve just arrived back from a lovely camping holiday in the Far North over the last week. We stayed at Taupo Bay – a place that holds a lot of memories for me. We enjoyed some family holidays there when I was younger and Andrew and I spent some time there on our honeymoon (some 9 years ago now!)

Here are a few lot of photos from our holiday. As you can see we also visited a couple of other nearby beaches, Cable bay and Matai Bay. Each of these beaches has a different colour of sand and it’s own special delights.

IMG_6802Taupo BayIMG_6887IMG_6877IMG_6872IMG_6832

(Beach Bump)

IMG_6880IMG_6851IMG_6867IMG_6869Cable BayIMG_6820IMG_6819IMG_6825Matai bayIMG_6847IMG_6848IMG_6842

If you ever have a chance to experience the delights that are found in the rugged far North of NZ, I say go for it!

How and where have you spent the festive season? I hope that wherever you are you’ve had time to relax, unwind and spend lots of lovely days with those you love.

Jen x

4 comments:

A little bit Country said...

Snap! We were in Taipa Bay! Great pics. Happy New Year xo

Mrs Knight said...

All those coves up there are delish arnt they! Have spent lots of time up there pre-babys, Must take the babes up there!

Leonie said...

Oh my heart is in the far North, simply the most stunning beaches ever!

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

Great pics! Looks like a lovely break. Love that beach bump!xx